Yeah ... it's almost here! Our annual fundraiser for this upcoming Saturday, August 1, 2009, starts at 11:00 a.m. for our fun-filled day of good food, good friends, and great bunco games. It's only a $5.00 donation at the door and everyone is welcome to come join in the festivities.
Soj. Sharene Parini, W. Shep. says, "I have all the decorations--they are for things you do on a picnic. The food has all been donated. I have 2 baskets for raffle's, plus the robe. I also have some door prizes and Soj. Shirley Davis has something to give for 1st place. I found small silver trophies to use for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. This is going to be a fun day with fun prizes. I'm going to get there around 9 to set up. I'm warning people my husband may come to help in the kitchen."
Here is a picture of the white plush custom embroidered robe with the WSOJ logo that has been donated for a drawing prize. It is a one-size-fits-most. The retail value of this robe is approx. $120.00, if one could get it from a place such as Things Remembered. It could be yours on Saturday for the cost of a drawing ticket! The drawing tickets are $1.00 each or 6 for $5.00.
Joys and Concerns
Joys:
I have a note on my pocket calendar that Soj. Joan Arasmith's 50th wedding anniversary is coming up on August 29th. Congratulations to her and her husband, Vernon, on this major milestone date!
I realized that my newest granddaughter, Sophia Smith, is 6 months old today. She is the baby that was introduced at the Officer Installation and whose photo was in the hard copy summer newsletter. Wow, how time is flying by ... that also means that I've been married to Tim DeZalia for 6 months already, as of the 31st of this month.
Concerns:
Please lift Soj. Faun Olson in prayer as she seeks medical care in California.
Please continue to keep Soj. Roger Noyes in prayer for continued recovery from the many complications from his attempted hernia surgery. Soj. Roger has been moved to another care facility and may be contacted by calling Soj. Pam Noyes for his current contact information.
Posted by Soj. Pam Noyes, WHP

No comments:
Post a Comment