Tuesday, December 1, 2009

OES Help Request

OES Help Request
(forwarded from a message received from Herb & Kit Trochtenberg)


Saw this in the OES new group.... Can someone Help?

Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:01 pm (PST)

I'm hoping some wonderful people from this list living in the Las Vegas
area will help one of our elderly members that could use some company;
our Chapter is in Idaho so we are unable to assist with personal visits.

Lorraine is 91 years old and blind. Due to health problems she has
been hospitalized and most likely will not be able to return to her
home. She has no family or old friends in the area; they have all pre-
deceased her. The only relative she has, that I know of, is a step-
daughter who lives in Texas. I was contacted by a neighbor/friend of
Lorraine's who has been assisting her this winter and visiting with her
but he is a snowbird who will fly home shortly. Also, this friend is
not Eastern Star and he says most of Lorraine's conversations are about
Eastern Star and her many happy memories of our organization. His hope
is that we can find some kind and friendly Eastern Star members who
will visit with her on a regular basis.

If there are some members willing to provide some company and comfort
to our Lorraine, please contact me off list and I will provide the
contact information.

Thank you in advance for any kindness and help.

Cyndie Bollar, PM
Meridian Chapter # 66
Meridian, ID, GGC

No comments:

Post a Comment